Church of St Moritz flag



The Parish Church of St. Maurice ranks among the most precious buildings of the late Gothic style in Moravia. The three-naved structure has a cross vaulting (also known as a groin vault) dating from the middle of the 14th century. A more advanced net vault may be seen in the presbytery. After a fire in 1709, the interior was redecorated in the Baroque style, Loretta Chapel and All Souls Chapel were added. Painters Jan Kryštof Handke, Karel Josef Haringer and Karel Moravec and sculptors Filip Sattler, Jan Sturmer and Jiří Antonín Heinz took part in the Baroque adaptations of the interior. In the mid 19th century, the church was equipped with new historicist furniture and underwent re-gothization in the years 1869-1908. Maurice‘s organ, the largest organ in Central Europe and the eighth largest in Europe, were made by Master Michael Engler in 1745

Proč navštívit

The Parish Church of St. Maurice ranks among the most precious buildings of the late Gothic style in Moravia. The three-naved structure has a cross vaulting (also known as a groin vault) dating from the middle of the 14th century. A more advanced net vault may be seen in the presbytery. After a fire in 1709, the interior was redecorated in the Baroque style, Loretta Chapel and All Souls Chapel were added. Painters Jan Kryštof Handke, Karel Josef Haringer and Karel Moravec and sculptors Filip Sattler, Jan Sturmer and Jiří Antonín Heinz took part in the Baroque adaptations of the interior. In the mid 19th century, the church was equipped with new historicist furniture and underwent re-gothization in the years 1869-1908. Maurice‘s organ, the largest organ in Central Europe and the eighth largest in Europe, were made by Master Michael Engler in 1745


Recenze

Pokud máte zájem navštívit toto místo, přidejte si ho do svého vlastního průvodce.

Vybrat